[patch] QHttp and QFtp forbidden in KDE

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Aug 29 14:03:42 BST 2008

On Sexta 29 Agosto 2008 14:27:43 Torsten Rahn wrote:
> So what about that situation? Are people not allowed to use
> widgets/components in their KDE applications that are only based on Qt? Or
> is this just a misunderstanding on my side?

They are. But the Qt-only component should not be in a KDE module.

In any case, you *do* want to use KIO. All you want to do is refactor the use
of networking classes to the wrapper application. Remove the QHttp dependency
from the MarbleWidget to the outside.

In any case as well, QHttp is bad. Use QNetworkAccessManager. That's not
disabled by my patch and there's a way of making a QNAM that uses KIO (the
webkit kpart does exactly that).

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358