[patch] QHttp and QFtp forbidden in KDE

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Fri Aug 29 14:37:41 BST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 15:03:42 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sexta 29 Agosto 2008 14:27:43 Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > So what about that situation? Are people not allowed to use
> > widgets/components in their KDE applications that are only based on Qt?
> > Or is this just a misunderstanding on my side?
> They are. But the Qt-only component should not be in a KDE module.

Moving the Marble-Widget library into a place such as kdesupport is planned.
However it still needs to become more mature until we feel like this would be
a good idea.

> In any case as well, QHttp is bad. Use QNetworkAccessManager. That's not
> disabled by my patch and there's a way of making a QNAM that uses KIO (the
> webkit kpart does exactly that).

I'll just go for the QNetworkAccessManager replacement for now (w/o KIO). That
will take some time however. And with the little time I currently have and
seeing that the other members of the Marble Project also seem to be involved
with other things I'm pretty sure that we won't make your imposed deadline. So
I'd like to ask you to give us more time.

Thanks,
Torsten