[patch] QHttp and QFtp forbidden in KDE

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Fri Aug 29 13:27:43 BST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 14:19:52 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sexta 29 Agosto 2008 13:09:32 Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > Could you care to explain this a bit? We are currently using QHttp in
> > MarbleWdiget (which is a Qt only widget) and I have absolutely no
> > intentions at the moment to use KIO for our purposes.
>
> And that's fine. If Marble is not a KDE application, it can continue to use
> QHttp. But obviously Marble will not follow KDE settings.

Marble gets compiled as part of KDE-EDU as a KDE application (although one can
also compile it as a Qt-Only application).
But Marble is using a component (which basically makes up 95% of the
application) that is only based on Qt libraries.

So what about that situation? Are people not allowed to use widgets/components
in their KDE applications that are only based on Qt? Or is this just a
misunderstanding on my side?

Greetings,
Torsten