[patch] QHttp and QFtp forbidden in KDE

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Fri Aug 29 13:23:02 BST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 14:19:52 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sexta 29 Agosto 2008 13:09:32 Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > Could you care to explain this a bit? We are currently using QHttp in
> > MarbleWdiget (which is a Qt only widget) and I have absolutely no
> > intentions at the moment to use KIO for our purposes.
>
> And that's fine. If Marble is not a KDE application, it can continue to use
> QHttp. But obviously Marble will not follow KDE settings.
>
> Note that Qt-only code will have to be moved out of a KDE module. Into
> kdesupport, for instance.

The situation is a bit complicated.

Marble, the application, can be compiled as a KDE application or as a qt-only
application.  There are actually two different main window classes where one
of them is chosen if it's built for KDE and the other when it's built for Qt.

However MarbleWidget, the widget that is used by Marble, the application, is a
Qt-only widget. So we have to find some way to handle this.

	-Inge