Review request for asciiquarium screensaver

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Mon Aug 25 20:51:21 BST 2008

On Sunday 24 August 2008, Alex Merry wrote:
> On Sunday 24 August 2008 23:29:23 Michael Pyne wrote:
> > It is available under kdereview right now (kdereview/asciiquarium).  I'm
> > sure there's a checklist of stuff I need to fill out for the review
> > request but I'm not able to find one on Google.  I did find a archive of
> > the discussion about the checklist so I'll go off that:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines#Stage_2:_Stable

Thanks, I knew it had to be on TechBase somewhere (I was searching for
"checklist" instead of guidelines I guess)

> * There should be no krazy code checker issues reported. Again, you can
>   check that at ebn. There is also a tutorial on using Krazy available
>   here on TechBase.

This is the only additional requirement I see, I'm checking out Krazy right
now since I don't see playground/artwork on EBN and the kdereview update
hasn't happened yet.

> * If possible, there should have been a basic usability review of your
>   application. Usability people are hard to get, so this is not crucial.

Not done but I wouldn't make a screensaver a priority for a usability review.

> * You should have checked for basic problems with a profiler. I hope we
>   will get a tutorial on how to do this soon

Done.  Actually this was where Maksim helped a lot, by coming up with a nice
collision detection implementation.

> * Your application should be completely translatable.

Should be but I'll double check the settings widget and report back, there
should be no other user-visible strings.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne