KUrl api docs wrong, or bug in the code?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Aug 18 13:35:23 BST 2008

Hi,

the api docs of KUrl say that one can feed the result of
KUrl::pathOrUrl() back into the KUrl constructor. But as far as I can
see this is not true. The constructor expects a remote url to be in
percent-encoding, i.e. no non-ascii characters in path or fragment.
While pathOrUrl uses prettyUrl which in turn produces unicode characters
instead of percent-encoding in path and fragment.

I'm wondering now wether the api dox need to be changed to tell users to
use QUrl::setUrl() when reconstructing a url from the result of
pathOrUrl() or wether the code needs to be changed.

Andreas

--
You can rent this space for only $5 a week.