KUrl api docs wrong, or bug in the code?

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Mon Aug 18 23:50:18 BST 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the api docs of KUrl say that one can feed the result of
> KUrl::pathOrUrl() back into the KUrl constructor. But as far as I can
> see this is not true. The constructor expects a remote url to be in
> percent-encoding, i.e. no non-ascii characters in path or fragment.
> While pathOrUrl uses prettyUrl which in turn produces unicode characters
> instead of percent-encoding in path and fragment.
>
> I'm wondering now wether the api dox need to be changed to tell users to
> use QUrl::setUrl() when reconstructing a url from the result of
> pathOrUrl() or wether the code needs to be changed.

I would say that the docs are pretty clear.  Do we have a testcase on this
particular topic (feeding pathOrUrl() back to KUrl's ctor?)

If not I would say the code needs changed but I think that could break
existing code.  But some code may have been written assuming the documented
behavior which would make this a bugfix.  So I'm not sure what the best answer
is. :-/

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne