Qt SVG renderer

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Aug 14 10:18:06 BST 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 22:17:19 Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> > That's what I'm most alarmed about. How did that junk appear?
>
> Reminds me of the typical mistake: in order to initialize a paint
> device (with alpha channel) with transparent pixels, use QPainter and
> perform fillRect(rect, Qt::transparent). This won't work *unless* you
> set the composition mode to QPainter::CompositionMode_Source *before*
> carrying out the fill.

BTW, the system tray also has this same mistake. I've just realised that what
I thought was mirroring effects is actually this problem: after starting
Skype, it got a nepomuk background (the icon right to its left).

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358