Qt SVG renderer

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Aug 6 23:39:02 BST 2008

> somebody else wrote:
>
>> I would prefer to educate artists on which features are not
>> supported instead of having to rewrite SVG rendering code for all
>> games.
>
> I fully agree with this.

The problem is that this has been a moving target.  Simple gradients
used to cause problems in KDE3 icons.

I might mention for what it is worth that there exists code which
supports much more of SVG than Qt does (Apache Batik), there is one
small problem: it is written in Java rather than C++.

If GCJ worked and would compile Batik, this wouldn't be a large problem.

--
JRT