Qt SVG renderer

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Thu Aug 14 12:14:26 BST 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 10:18:06 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> BTW, the system tray also has this same mistake. I've just realised that
> what I thought was mirroring effects is actually this problem: after
> starting Skype, it got a nepomuk background (the icon right to its left).

Odd.  The only painting we do ourselves uses Plasma::PanelSvg, which is also
used for the panel background as a whole and for the taskbar painting, neither
of which seem to produce any glitches.

The cached pixmaps for PanelSvg are pre-filled with Qt::transparent using
QPixmap::fill().  QPainter::CompositionMode_Source isn't set before rendering
these to a QPainter, but setting this causes a lot of the panel rendering to
be screwed up, because the transparency is effectively ignored.

Incidentally, I can't reproduce the effect you're seeing with the default
theme (although I haven't tried with Skype).

Alex

--
Proud KDE hacker: http://www.kde.org
Get KDE 4.1 - out now!