[FEATURE] KNotify support for galago Notifications spec

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:39:07 BST 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 13:50:36 Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  I support the patch, although, as said above, I don't see the need to
> match the Galago spec.
Ok, but let it be like this for starters and let's see where it ends :)

> The Galago notification should be received and handled by
> KNotify, if at all, so that we could control those too.
> Every KDE app could then
> easily use it, all the user would need to do would be to change the
> presentation in the KNotify config dialog
Agreed, but that would need more serious additions/changes to KNotify that would be
more obtrusive than my patch.
I think that even if we all will agree to go this path (moving from Galago to
implementing this internally in KNotify), then this should be done later in 4.x
timeframe IMO...

For now, my changes seem to be rather unobtrusive - they're more like an additional
extension than like a serious change.

Cheers,
Dmitry.