Behavior change in KPageDialog/KPageWidgetItem

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Sun Sep 30 22:35:23 BST 2007

On Sunday 30 September 2007, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 02:17:24PM -0400, Adam Treat wrote:
> You can set an icon for every PageItem, so what exactly is the problem?
> The missing convenience method?

No, it it is just that KPageDialog behaves differently than it did in KDE3.5.
That convenience method just happens to have been the way to get at the old
functionality.

> > 2) Modify KPageWidgetItem to behave like KDE3.5 if it is constructed with
> > a QWidget = 0.
>
> I'm absolutely against adding application specific behaviour to a class
> in kdelibs. That's exactly the reason why we ended up with such a beast
> as KDialogBase in KDE 3.

I don't think this is application specific behavior.  This was the behavior of
the dialog in the old version in KDE 3.5.  And again, the current behavior is
*very* odd if you make a KPageWidgetItem with QWidget=0.  I'm just suggesting
to 'fix' it so that it behaves like it did in KDE 3.5.

The problem with Matthias idea is that seeing a useless 'category' page is not
desired.

Cheers,

Adam