Behavior change in KPageDialog/KPageWidgetItem

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Sun Sep 30 21:56:49 BST 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 02:17:24PM -0400, Adam Treat wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Adam,

> In KDE 3.5 the equivalent of KPageDialog had the ability to specify top-level
> pages that could not be selected and were just for categorization.  A prime
> example of this is Kate's config settings dialog.  The two top-level items
> could not be selected: Application and Editor.  Instead if you tried to
> select them it would just close the tree of subpages.
I fully support the suggestion of Matthias here. Just show a page with
additional information about this category.

> 	KDialogBase::setFolderIcon(const QStringList &path, const QPixmap &pixmap);
You can set an icon for every PageItem, so what exactly is the problem?
The missing convenience method?

> 2) Modify KPageWidgetItem to behave like KDE3.5 if it is constructed with a
> QWidget = 0.
I'm absolutely against adding application specific behaviour to a class
in kdelibs. That's exactly the reason why we ended up with such a beast
as KDialogBase in KDE 3.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!