How can I fix KCMultiDialog so it stops resizing?

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Sat Sep 29 23:36:21 BST 2007

Konqueror's configuration dialog is not behaving well.  It is a KCMultiDialog
with several modules loaded.  When the dialog is initially shown, the tree
widget on the left is not shown, but then pops up a second later.  This is
visually jarring.

Also, the dialog is initially very small, but when you click on various
submodules the dialog grows.  This is also not terribly desired behavior.

Since Konq does not subclass KCMultiDialog, but rather uses it directly I'm
thinking that this bug exists for other apps.

Any one who works on these dialogs have ideas?

Cheers,

Adam