Sane pseudo random colors; was: PieChart widget

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:47:28 BST 2007

> - Using a generalized way to access the KDE/oxygen palette via enum's
> similar to the Qt ones (the latter are using those brilliant spectral
> colors that are suspected to induce vertigo and eye cancer).
>
> - An additional Krazy capability to check the source code for any colors
> that are not in accordance with the KDE/oxygen palette - especially those
> colors promoted by the Qt API that make you feel like in the late 80ies.

Eh! Eh! nice try.
Didn't we agree that no hardcoded colors were to be used anyway, for
accessibility problems? If we can find generic color roles for some
particular application, those should be part of the color theme. So unless
the user overrides some default choices, we could define a few colors (say 8)
for graph use. They should probably be brushes, however, so various kind of
stripes could be used for monochrome or high-contrast themes.

Luciano