Sane pseudo random colors; was: PieChart widget

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Thu Sep 20 16:34:39 BST 2007

On Thursday 20 September 2007 16:45:24 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Thursday 20 September 2007 14:30:55 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> > BTW, regerding your screnshot, I am bit tired having all these colors
> > Qt::red, Qt::green, Qt::blue colors reminding me the MS DOS' CGA era. How
> > about defining the sequence of colors(in kdelibs?), probably based on KDE
> > 4's official palette. Such a sequence then can be used by default in KDE
> > apps in charts?
> I don't think that this is too much a problem, just picking some colours
> from the oxygen non-vibrant palette would do it, imho. There are some more
> beautiness touches, very simple and very effective, that can be added to it
> eventually in the future (e.g. gradients. =).

Don't underestimate the power of artistic inclined programmers gone wild!
For the benefit of my eyesight I'd hereby like to propose:

- Using a generalized way to access the KDE/oxygen palette via enum's similar
to the Qt ones (the latter are using those brilliant spectral colors that are
suspected to induce vertigo and eye cancer).

- An additional Krazy capability to check the source code for any colors that
are not in accordance with the KDE/oxygen palette - especially those colors
promoted by the Qt API that make you feel like in the late 80ies.

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz