Sane pseudo random colors; was: PieChart widget

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 20 19:48:23 BST 2007

Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> They should probably be brushes, however, so various kind of
> stripes could be used for monochrome or high-contrast themes.

Have you looked at KColorScheme? The only things non-brushes there come
from ::shade (which is really an offshoot of KColorUtils with palette
smarts); all other palette colors are already QBrush's :-).

Of course, they don't work well yet (most back-end code just assumes
that really they are just colors) and the kcm is nowhere near being able
to configure /brushes/ in the palette (and I don't even want to think
how many apps would be confused by a real brush). But the API is already
anticipating this eventuality :-).

(How do you write a QBrush to a KConfig? :-) Is that already supported?)

--
Matthew
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information