First compile of kde 4 and results (not so good)

Marco Mangiante marco.mangiante at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 10:49:01 BST 2007

Hello,

I finally compiled the svn version of KDE4 in my openSUSE 10.2. First
of all I want to say that I am a novice to this, I am not a developer
but I can say I am an enthusiast people.
I don't know sincerely if this is the good list to post this, but I
try: previously I posted in the general list for kde, but maybe this
is the exact list.

This is what I have obtained from the compilation, after the following
of the guide on techbase for kde4 compiling. I compiled qt-copy,
kdesupport, kdelibs, kdepimlibs and kdebase and this is the result:

http://i12.tinypic.com/2dbq641.png

Like you can see, the kmenu have no image, but this is the little
problem. The big problem is that it doesn't work. If you click on it,
nothing happens..so sincerely I don't know how to start all the
programs. A workaround that I find is to click on the desktop and then
choose the "Run Command" to start programs, like konqueror or the
console.

Another problem that I find is that konqueror, during web navigation,
freezes so the only solution is to kill it. Now, infact, I'm using
firefox.

Also, there is a place on the taskbar with written "This object could
not be created", but I don't know if it is related to the menu or
other thing.

So, first, I ask why I haven't the kmenu. I also tried to launch the
command kmenu, but without results. Maybe I don't compiled the staff
for the menu, but I think it is in the packages that I have compiled
previously.

Hope someone can help me.

--
Regards,