Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Richard Dale richard_dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 18:07:02 BST 2007

On Monday 17 September 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Richard Dale wrote:
> > All I can say is when I first tried this
> > change, it made the KDE4 UI look like a dog's breakfast.
>
> Somewhere in this thread, I /did/ mention that there are bugs :-). Of
> course it won't work first try, because no one has really tried it
> before (that I know of, at least who hasn't abandoned the effort), and
> so many bugs have never been visible.
>
> Please report any bugs caused by Inactive!=Active, I know they're out
> there. I've already reported to TT that there is no inactive+disabled,
> and that QListWidget and QTreeWidget are broken. I also know that konq's
> address bar has a state bug, I fixed a state bug in dolphin
> (KFileItemDelegate actually) and of course pinotree reported serious
> problems in Okular (I'm working on getting kdegraphics built so I can
> check that out).
>
> > Do we have any
> > examples of styles where Active and Inactive don't look the same which
> > are visually appealing?
>
> As pinheiro noted... oxygen? ;-) It helps also to not go overboard with
> the difference; -0.3 for IntensityShade is maybe too much, I've started
> using -0.2 here.
OK, then sorry for being a bit rude - I should have read the Qt api docs at
the start. I think the only thing that really went wrong with this change is
that it should have be style-specific to Oxygen from the start, and should
never have been a global change to all styles in the svn even if
labelled 'Temporary'. I just build the default stuff in the svn and haven't
enabled Oxygen, and so plastik or whatever the default style is, shouldn't
never have been affected.

-- Richard