Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Sat Sep 15 00:43:53 BST 2007

A Friday 14 September 2007 21:13:54, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> On Friday 14 September 2007, Matt Newell wrote:
> > On Friday 14 September 2007 12:47, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > > Or we use Kwin to blur the window (but
> > > that won't work if you've turned this off).
>
> besides requiring kwin, this should only be done to the border if at all
> since the content still needs to be readable.
>
> > > I think doing something to
> > > the whole window (but not too intrusive) would be better than just
> > > changing the windowdecoration (aside from aesthetics's).
>
> the problem is that windows that aren't focussed still need to be readable.
> so the list of requirements are:
>
> - unintrusive
> - free of real or perceived visual artifacts (e.g. flickering)
> - non-focussed windows still need to be readable
>
> > Greying the text is a bad idea in my opinion.  For one, many people use a
> > lot of applications that show primarily text, so every time window focus
> > changes, you are going to get almost a complete redraw.
>
> indeed; i was suggesting only changing the deco text, however.
>
> > The real question in my mind, is what is insufficient about just having
> > the titlebar and border change colors.  To me that (already working since
> > forever) solution is perfect for the job.
>
> the challenge is that the Oxy team is trying to produce a seamless
> deco+widgets look so the two blend together perfectly when using kwin (or
> at least the proper decoration). so the question is how to preserve *that*
> effect (or at least preserve it "enough") while also showing visually a
> change in focus state.

OK i would not like to cahge the shape or global look off the window as an
hole, the changing pallete is until now the best idea, i might be ok with
kwin doing somthing similar but it would need to be smoth no flickering
aswell, same goes to the difrent pallete idea.
So can we make that ????
or... should i just toss the no windeck look out by the window,  i prefer to
not hhave that to making 2 difrent styles of window, text chaging color is
ok, but im sure not enough...
--

core oxygen icon designer