Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Sep 14 21:13:54 BST 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007, Matt Newell wrote:
> On Friday 14 September 2007 12:47, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > Or we use Kwin to blur the window (but
> > that won't work if you've turned this off).

besides requiring kwin, this should only be done to the border if at all since
the content still needs to be readable.

> > I think doing something to
> > the whole window (but not too intrusive) would be better than just
> > changing the windowdecoration (aside from aesthetics's).

the problem is that windows that aren't focussed still need to be readable. so
the list of requirements are:

- unintrusive
- free of real or perceived visual artifacts (e.g. flickering)
- non-focussed windows still need to be readable

> Greying the text is a bad idea in my opinion.  For one, many people use a
> lot of applications that show primarily text, so every time window focus
> changes, you are going to get almost a complete redraw.

indeed; i was suggesting only changing the deco text, however.

> The real question in my mind, is what is insufficient about just having the
> titlebar and border change colors.  To me that (already working since
> forever) solution is perfect for the job.

the challenge is that the Oxy team is trying to produce a seamless
deco+widgets look so the two blend together perfectly when using kwin (or at
least the proper decoration). so the question is how to preserve *that*
effect (or at least preserve it "enough") while also showing visually a
change in focus state.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se