Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Sep 14 20:04:16 BST 2007

On 14.09.07 09:58:24, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >a) darkening doesn't work for all widgets (kate-view for example)
>
> That's a bug on my to-do list, it's not a straight-forward change though and I
> probably won't get to it until at least the new color kcm works.

As Luciano already said: This also doesn't work at all with any non-KDE
apps out there and thus the whole desktop gets inconsistent. Thats
broken, IMHO.

> >b) Its IMHO harder to see which window will gain focus while switching
> >through windows with alt+tab.
>
> This I don't get. The only clue I get about what window will be switched to is
> a big black+white border around the candidate.

Right.

> What effect does the different inactive palette have?

Ok, that part wasn't about the different inactive palette, it was about
there being _no_ other indication except the window-switching-popup,
i.e. a bug in the kwin-style.

> >The oxygen kwin style needs to be changed to indicate the active window
> >via the titlebar (how exactly that happens, I don't care as long as it
> >has good contrast to inactive windows).
>
> You'll have to take that up with pinheiro (who, AFAIK, likes the current
> effect). I can make changes, but I need to know from the art team (i.e.
> pinheiro) what those changes are.

What effect? There is no effect from kwin when you make a window active,
except the one you recently implemented. That coupled with the above (no
black/white bar around windows) makes window switching extremely hard.

Andreas

--
You will pay for your sins.  If you have already paid, please disregard
this message.