Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 14 20:25:24 BST 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 14.09.07 09:58:24, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> As Luciano already said: This also doesn't work at all with any non-KDE
> apps out there and thus the whole desktop gets inconsistent. Thats
> broken, IMHO.

If you know of a fully consistent solution, please share. "Use kwin"
isn't. Probably something needs to be done at the fd.o level. Meanwhile,
why shouldn't KDE be pioneering?

If you don't like it, you're free to turn it off :-).

I'd still like to see KCS+kwin cooperate, but right now I see: KCS
works, kwin does not. This doesn't exactly endear me to wanting to use kwin.

>>> b) Its IMHO harder to see which window will gain focus while switching
>>> through windows with alt+tab.
>> This I don't get. The only clue I get about what window will be switched to is
>> a big black+white border around the candidate.
>
> Right.
>
>> What effect does the different inactive palette have?
>
> Ok, that part wasn't about the different inactive palette, it was about
> there being _no_ other indication except the window-switching-popup,
> i.e. a bug in the kwin-style.

Hmm... I thought that kwin did that, but I admit I honestly don't know.
So yes, I agree this sounds like a bug. (Disclaimer: I didn't write the
windeco, nor am I particularly familiar with its code, or with writing
windecos for that matter.)

--
Matthew
The phrase "less is more" takes on a whole new meaning if you think