Tagging Freeze in Effect

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sat Oct 27 17:00:53 BST 2007

Op za 27 okt 2007 17:38 schreef u:
> > Please mail release-team mailinglist with your concerns and be a lot more
> > verbose.
>
> all right, I'll start that process, but I'm dissapointed.
> This list shouldn't need to be told the sky is blue or that the Emperor as no
> clothes.
>
> Look, the beta process didn't work.

It's so cool making those statements and not backing it up by actual facts. You keep telling us we suck without actually telling us what sucks. The comparisation with the Emperor does not hold by the way, the emperor needed to be told that he had no clothes, just like the release-team could believe something is rc-quality and it is not. So please enlighten us.

> The desktop was not ready, so users did not report obvious low level bugs.

Ah, so now you are back to the desktop. We all agree that's in beta state for now.

> How could they have, if they could not use the the applications on a daily
> basis?
>
> So now that it starts to more or less work on the desktop, you want to ship
> the librairies as RC *because* we didn't get any feedback?
> That's bureaucracy! (and that's a french telling you).

Bureaucracy would have been to ship things following the plan I made a year ago and not changing it. We are constantly changing it, adapting to info we receive and the state as we see it. At the moment kdelibs is at rc state and kdebase in beta state. Please explain in detail what is bureaucratic about it.

Toma