Tagging Freeze in Effect

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sat Oct 27 16:38:52 BST 2007

Le Samedi 27 Octobre 2007 12:09, Tom Albers a écrit :
> Op za 27 okt 2007 03:15 schreef u:
> > Le Vendredi 26 Octobre 2007 16:58, Cornelius Schumacher a écrit :
> > > The difference between calling it Beta 4 and RC1 is indeed just a name.
> >
> > OK, I see we all agree that the current core libraries aren't up to RC
> > quality, unless you redefine the meaning of RC quality.
>
> I'm going to repeat what Thomas said earlier to you:
>
> Please mail release-team mailinglist with your concerns and be a lot more
> verbose.

all right, I'll start that process, but I'm dissapointed.
This list shouldn't need to be told the sky is blue or that the Emperor as no
clothes.

Look, the beta process didn't work.
The desktop was not ready, so users did not report obvious low level bugs.
How could they have, if they could not use the the applications on a daily
basis?

So now that it starts to more or less work on the desktop, you want to ship
the librairies as RC *because* we didn't get any feedback?
That's bureaucracy! (and that's a french telling you).

> As far as I understand kdelibs is up to rc quality, if this is wrong,
> please inform me on the mentioned mailinglist.

I will.

Greetings,
Germain