KDE4 release discussion, Was: KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:48:25 BST 2007

> Probably, we should just remember this and make sure to tell everybody that
> KDE4 will definitely get much faster in later versions, "as seen in KDE3".

I really don't think that will sit well.  Plus, those KDE 4
applications which have seen a little tuning perform quite acceptably
in a KDE 3 session - and that is my Qt/KDE debug build on a 4 year-old
laptop with compile-time optimisations disabled.  Parts of KDE 4
absolutely fly with an optimised build.

Incidentally, anyone who has an old qt-copy build with patch 0182
still applied - symptoms of which include black garbage appearing
behind menus when you navigate around them, please remove it and
rebuild qt-copy.  That will make quite a difference.