Release schedule clarifications

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Oct 25 06:59:48 BST 2007

On Thursday 25 October 2007 02:48, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> > It seems like an even greater "stroke of sheer genius" and by genius I
> > mean I'm being sarcastic, to throw workspace out in a final release so
> > that it gets testing for 4.1.  Isn't that the point of betas?
>
> so your logic is that because it doesn't get enough testing now ... ensure
> it gets even less testing in the future? wow.

No I think he wants what all of us wants: A release that is actually worthy of
being called a candidate release. Seriously, we just had 3 alpha and
pre-alpha releases mistaged as betas, and now the first release of beta
quality is called a release candidate?

What is the plan if the next release is still also only of beta quality? Are
we going to release it as final anyway?

`Allan