KPrintDialog?

Harri Porten porten at kde.org
Mon Oct 22 21:40:52 BST 2007

Hi!

I printed from Konqueror last night and was badly missing the KDE print
dialog with its nice KIO::RenamedDlg! I tried hard to follow the printing
discussion on this list but did someone seriously suggest to kill the
dialog?

I suggest to use a KPrintDialog class that provides whatever configuration
is supported right now. I volunteer to implement it. Should be trivial
unless I'm overlooking something.

I'm no printing expert but a) a user who wants a consisten look & feel and
b) a KDE developer who wants to make sure that we have a dialog under our
control for extensions during the 4.x series. Independent of how the
printing is done in the background. So let's better prepare that now.

Harri.