KPrintDialog?

John Layt johnlayt at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 22 21:49:45 BST 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007, Harri Porten wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I printed from Konqueror last night and was badly missing the KDE print
> dialog with its nice KIO::RenamedDlg! I tried hard to follow the printing
> discussion on this list but did someone seriously suggest to kill the
> dialog?
>
> I suggest to use a KPrintDialog class that provides whatever configuration
> is supported right now. I volunteer to implement it. Should be trivial
> unless I'm overlooking something.
>
> I'm no printing expert but a) a user who wants a consisten look & feel and
> b) a KDE developer who wants to make sure that we have a dialog under our
> control for extensions during the 4.x series. Independent of how the
> printing is done in the background. So let's better prepare that now.
>
> Harri.

We will probably return to our own KPrintDialog in 4.1 to get the KDE dialog
goodness back, but to implement one for 4.0 would mean we lock ourselves into
some possibly wrong and irreversible decisions on implementation.  Better to
wait and see how Qt 4.4 turns out and how/if we can wrap that to get what we
want, or if we head off in a different direction.

Yeah, it sucks for 4.0 that it is not so friendly, but that's the least of our
worries really.

Cheers!

John.