KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Oct 22 20:40:01 BST 2007

> I'd say that since KIO::Job has exec() now it's all blurry... You should be
> able to use KIO::Job for sync operations easily... Nowadays, the only
> benefit I see in NetAccess is the convenience for temporary files (and it's
> a very common case).

This is where I wanted to go too.

From my point of view sync operations are needed in some cases, but if I place
myself as you see NetAccess then I'd wonder why it exists since the temporary
files probably can be on other better named places (classes or whatever), and
removing NetAccess.

Of course all this talking is planned for KDE 5 or whatever, but I'm
personally interested in this.

--
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070