KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Oct 22 19:45:37 BST 2007

> That said it's probably easy to add into KWidgetJobTracker, we're not
> forced to call show() immediately on the ProgressWidgets like we do now.

Of course we are not forced, but the reply to the question "it has
only-show-after-a-few-seconds ?" is no. It hasn't got a explicit
method/behavior for that.

> Actually that's a bad use case because you basically leave the user in the
> dark wondering why the ui is sitting there doing nothing.

Who said doing nothing ? On Amarok for example, when you ask for covers
through the Internet you really think you are waiting for nothing ? In this
situation we would see (assumming we have X albums), X dialogs popping up and
down without even time to read it. If it used this API for that.

--
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070