KIconLoader implementation details

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Oct 15 11:25:55 BST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007 01:22:21 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> I noticed when using KIconLoader that for non standard sizes, loaded icons
> were not pretty in any way.

Since a couple of weeks the small buttons in KWord are down-right ugly as
well; while I think we use the standard sizes for those.
I do things like;
 action = new QAction(KIcon("format-text-bold"), i18n("Bold"), this);
 myToolButton->setDefaultAction(action);

Which looks great on a toolbar, but not when I have my toolbuttons in a grid
on a normal widget.

The biggest question in my mind is why are the toolbuttons not using properly
sized images?
--
Thomas Zander