patch for runner_lock to use kxkb kpart

Andriy Rysin arysin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:59:18 BST 2007

2007/10/9, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org>:

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 09:01:57PM -0400, Andriy Rysin wrote:
> > ok, thanks I've tried to reuse KPluginFactory and it works, just that it
> > complains about kxkb library being not a module (see below) and I had to
> > keep "lib" prefix, otherwise it would not find it.
> >
> well, there are enough examples how to do it right. ;)
> (and no, i don't know how to do it.)

so far I could not find them but will keep looking... :)

> if you could please take a look at it and hopefully approve
> >
> well, i don't like the #else branches. this dead code will only bitrot.
> just purge it - it can be merged from a past revision if it turns out
> to be needed again.
> adhere to the indentation style (no tabs) and paren spacing.

ok, I've cleaned it up and pushed the code, using kxkb in lockdlg got a bit
simpler now and it looks much nicer... :)

how does the plugin behave if no layout switching is configured

That was a good question - I've refactored the code a bit and now it handles
this situation gracefully - it reads kxkb config and if it's not configured
it just does not show up. Currently the main (parent kxkb) widget will be
created but it'll be hidden and nothing will be created inside. If I find a
better way - I'll try to implement that.

Please let me know if you see any problems.

Thanks,
Andriy