Patch for KDirOperator: make columns in detailled view resizable

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Oct 4 09:36:55 BST 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007, Peter Penz wrote:
> No, the file-dialog is deleted. Without having debugged this in detail: I assume that the KDirLister (used by KDirModel) still has the items in its global cache, which leads to having model()->rows() > 0 already one or two resize events earlier.

This is yet another instance of KDirLister creating trouble when it has items in the cache already
(because then openUrl is synchronous instead of asynchronous). I have been tempted during kde3 times
to delay that item emission with a QTimer(0), I am even more tempted now to do it for kde4
(with a delayed slot using invokeMethod) -- so that openUrl always behaves the same way, whether
the items are in the cache or not. Michael, any objections?