Patch for KDirOperator: make columns in detailled view resizable

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Thu Oct 4 20:50:37 BST 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007 10:36:55 David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 04 October 2007, Peter Penz wrote:
> > No, the file-dialog is deleted. Without having debugged this in detail: I
> > assume that the KDirLister (used by KDirModel) still has the items in its
> > global cache, which leads to having model()->rows() > 0 already one or
> > two resize events earlier.
>
> This is yet another instance of KDirLister creating trouble when it has
> items in the cache already (because then openUrl is synchronous instead of
> asynchronous). I have been tempted during kde3 times to delay that item
> emission with a QTimer(0), I am even more tempted now to do it for kde4
> (with a delayed slot using invokeMethod) -- so that openUrl always behaves
> the same way, whether the items are in the cache or not. Michael, any
> objections?
No, not really. I thought you did change it already :-) Go ahead, should not
be any slower than the current code.

Cheers,
--
Michael Brade;                                              KDE Developer
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 4: Beyond Your Expectations