Behavior change in KPageDialog/KPageWidgetItem

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Oct 1 11:16:30 BST 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> I had a quick look at kate's config dialogue, and I don't see immediately
> why you think it isn't possible. Put simply, right now there's a two level
> hierarchy, treebranches, treenodes (= pages). Only one config page has more
> than one tab. Making the branches the top level items (i.e. those that show
> up in the iconview on the left) and having the branches as tabs makes sense
> to me.

I'm not sure I understand this. What I do know is that no widget should have
more tabs than will fit it's natural size, that is, truncating tab titles or
having scroll buttons on tabbars is a definite NO. If that is required (and
that is how i understand your suggestion, two widget with LOTS of tabs), the
tree is MUCH prefferable!!

> There's also some reorganisation possible, based on the suggestions
> in the HIG.

Could you point me/us to a page in the HIG (other than the example for
configuration dialogs mentioned earlier in this thread)?

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk