[patch] cosmetic fix for KPlotWidget

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Nov 29 13:05:40 GMT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 29. November 2007 13:59:22 schrieb Sebastian Kuegler:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 12:39:32 John Tapsell wrote:
> >   I very much prefer the first one to the second one.  In the first
> > one it's faint and doesn't stand out too much.  In the second one it's
> > too strong.
>
> I think the second version is correct, however. The line should be one
> pixel, the blurry effect comes this line being placed 'between' two pixels,
> which makes it look odd. If you prefer the second option, the you should
> either increase the transparency of the brush used, or make the line
> thinner.

The real bug is that integer coordinates do not denote the centers of pixels.
(Think of it this way: square pixels do not exist; they are simply the
nearest-neighbor interpolation of the sampling points, which are at integer
coordinates.)  This makes live hard for people (like me, doing high-accuracy
image analysis) who care about sub-pixel positions and such "neglectable"
offsets.

To become OT again: Jason's patch is the right workaround for this bug in Qt
AFAICS. ;-p

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS