Using StyleSheets is bad WAS Re: Konqueror lineedit Bug

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 26 19:38:00 GMT 2007

On Monday 19 November 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Ok, so i found the real bug, and it is our bug, we are using stylesheets in
> KLineEdit, which QWidget documentation says
>
> Warning: Do not use this function in conjunction with Qt Style Sheets. The
> font of a widget can be customized using the "font" style sheet property.
>
> So we either remove the stylesheet or pass the current font to the
> stylesheet string we set.

i got an email over the weekend from Girish noting that the issue had been
passed to the developers internally at TT who are looking after stylesheets
now and that they will be starting on a fix today. no firm ETA, but the issue
is acknowledged and it's being worked on.

and i didn't even send anyone any email or bug them or anything. apparently
some of the TT people on this list brought it to the attention of the right
people.

i'll keep you informed if i find out about a working patch before you do =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se