Moving Svgpart to kdegraphics

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Sun Nov 25 22:53:17 GMT 2007

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> On Sunday 25 November 2007 23:29:56 Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > That's really the point of my objection --- on multiple instances, people
> > not involved in KHTML have made statements about its future,
>
> We know that this is a delicate subject, and given the release schedules
> (both our own and the one of TT), better not to be discussed right now.
>
> The original issue was about rendering SVGs in Gwenview, and that webkit
> will be able to do that at some point in the future. Given that it's likely
> that webkit is available in Qt 4.4, a simple solution for the current
> problem ("No app to view SVGs in KDE") is preferred.
>
> Let's just not get into this webkit/KHTML mudsli^Wdiscussion right now.
> Please.
>
> So, *do* object against adding this component or have Aurelien commit it
> tomorrow.

This thread is funny.  Irony of ironies the only reason WebKit can view SVG is
thanks to the efforts of two *KDE* hackers in the form of KSVG and KSVG2...
two KDE technologies in every bit the same sense as KHTML.

So a KDE hacker tells other KDE hackers of a cool SVG viewer that is based on
KDE technology that will be available to all KDE programs as of KDE 4.1 and
is seen as discouraging other KDE hackers from writing usuing KDE
technologies.

Wonderful.

Cheers,

Adam