My Computer

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sun Nov 25 18:52:22 GMT 2007

Le Dimanche 25 Novembre 2007 19:05, Sebastian Kuegler a écrit :
> On Sunday 25 November 2007 18:38:55 Germain Garand wrote:
> > Besides, parents all over the world are trying to teach their children
> > that needlessly claiming ownership of things you apparently own is a bit
> > vulgar. KDE shouldn't ruin that educative effort
>
> Do keep in mind that changing strings right now makes it more likely for
> those kids to not understand it at all, since it might not get translated
> in time.

Ah well... that's an argument for "Places" then, since it is already
translated in kickoff I believe.

> Please, can we try to concentrate on fixing things for 4.0 rather than
> discussing strings (that have had usability testing already), or ownership
> of hardware?

It's not such the frivolous subject you'd make it seem.

Treating users like predictable children who "need to feel at home" is not a
good policy. Many people ran away from known proprietary platform for
precisely that reason : they didn't appreciate to be forcibly nursed.

As for the "usability testing", well, yes you can say that indeed. It's been
"tested" for many years to the point of being utterly old fashioned today.

Germain