kde vs. locales

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Nov 25 16:35:21 GMT 2007

> [: Oswald Buddenhagen :]
> anyway, that's not what i was talking about. one might want
> LC_MONETARY=de_DE, LC_NUMERIC=de_DE, LC_MESSAGES=en_US and LANG=C for the
> rest - this isn't even far from what i have currently.

One possibility would be to simply allow user in KCM to set not only LC_ALL,
but also these partials. But I feel that's a bit too much for the GUI. If
you want these strange combos, then "shell" it :) (note that e.g. your paper
format would be US Letter with this...)

On the other hand, if one would only want special LC_MESSAGES, that's
covered by the languages override, through LANGUAGE.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)