kwin default window button order.

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:27:45 GMT 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007 02:50:37 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> seriously though ... i suppose many people expect maximize due to
> experience on other platforms; however many window decos don't provide a
> shade button making shade hard to get to and so the double clicking to
> shade is a nice feature.
>
> all just imho though. outside of measuring which people use more (maximize
> would win), how they do it (button or double click?) and which they need a
> double click shortcut for more (for me it's shade, for the above reason) it
> may be hard to arrive at an actual usability driven answer for this.

First thing that several friends of mine (including myself ;) ) do after first
launch of KDE is go to window settings and set double click to maximize the
window, not to shade it.

Personally I don't use shade feature at all. But well, that's only me.
Moreover my friends I speak about can be considered power users, so I don't
know how well they represent all others :)

So if usability folks go for "Shade" by default, let it be. I can live with
doing a bunch of clicks after every installation or "rm -rf $KDEHOME" ;)

Cheers,
Dmitry.