kwin default window button order.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 14 23:50:37 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Thursday 15 November 2007 00:04:35 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > this is a small thing, but small things make life better. i believe this
> > would be worthwhile add to kde4. it was also a nice 15 minute break from
> > plasma code ;)
>
> Another small thing (sorry for hijacking) would be the double-clock action
> on the window border to maximise (and not shade) the window. What do people
> think about that?

uh-oh. bikeshed alert! ;)

seriously though ... i suppose many people expect maximize due to experience
on other platforms; however many window decos don't provide a shade button
making shade hard to get to and so the double clicking to shade is a nice
feature.

all just imho though. outside of measuring which people use more (maximize
would win), how they do it (button or double click?) and which they need a
double click shortcut for more (for me it's shade, for the above reason) it
may be hard to arrive at an actual usability driven answer for this.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se