[patch] Grab windows anywhere, not just titlebar

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Nov 7 23:03:20 GMT 2007

On st 7. listopadu 2007, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> Il Wednesday 07 November 2007 22:46:03 Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> > On Wednesday 07 November 2007, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > > Il Wednesday 07 November 2007 21:22:02 Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> > > Does the Alt+F2 dialog have to be a blocking window? It may be useful
> > > to make it go to the background or move it around (maybe to select some
> > > text to paste in there).
> >
> > you're creating a straw man here; nobody said it had to be blocking.
> > however, you may have noticed that even in kde3 it was "stay on top".
>
> It was not my intention. It's just that your comment made me wonder if that
> was actually needed. Yes I noticed that KDE 3 also does this -- just
> recently, has it been so all the time?

 It's been there for a long time. I think that's the only window in KDE that
I've left to set such flag on itself - it kind of makes sense to have minicli
staying on top by default, since you really don't want Alt+F2 to show it
behind something. As you say yourself, you can change this using KWin.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz