[patch] Grab windows anywhere, not just titlebar

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Nov 7 23:39:00 GMT 2007

On 08.11.07 00:03:20, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On st 7. listopadu 2007, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > >
> > > you're creating a straw man here; nobody said it had to be blocking.
> > > however, you may have noticed that even in kde3 it was "stay on top".
> >
> > It was not my intention. It's just that your comment made me wonder if that
> > was actually needed. Yes I noticed that KDE 3 also does this -- just
> > recently, has it been so all the time?
>
>  It's been there for a long time. I think that's the only window in KDE that
> I've left to set such flag on itself - it kind of makes sense to have minicli
> staying on top by default, since you really don't want Alt+F2 to show it
> behind something. As you say yourself, you can change this using KWin.

JFYI: I have a similar issue right now on my system with XFCE4, the run
dialog is shown on top of all windows initially. But it doesn't get
focus so I can't directly type in the app to start and as soon as I
accidentally move the mouse a bit focus is lost. Either way I have to
switch via alt-tab to it. _Extremely_ annoying, almost making it
unusable - luckily I don't use XFCE4 that often :)

Andreas

--
You will be a winner today.  Pick a fight with a four-year-old.