[patch] workaround customised toolbar reset

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Nov 5 11:21:19 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 November 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> Just thinking about two workarounds:
> - [the programmer should] not increase the version number if you *only* change a toolbar item
This would still mean losing customizations when a menu item is added, which is more common than adding a toolbar button anyway.

> - maybe increase the version with 10 for menu changes and check if the diff in version is 10.
Would still mean losing customization 10 times...?

> Separation would be best though. Is that simply splitting the rc files or does it involve hacking?

No, what would be best would be to store additions and removals of buttons into the rc file and use
that when merging. Splitting is only second best. Both solutions require hacking though (although the
latter certainly less so; we could hardcode a kfoo.rc -> kfoo_toolbars.rc logic so that we can still work
with only one XML file in the API ... well ... except where the API gives away a QDomDocument).