[patch] workaround customised toolbar reset

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Mon Nov 5 11:11:40 GMT 2007

At Monday 05 November 2007 11:52, you wrote:
> On Sunday 04 November 2007, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm reposting the workaround patch to make user changes to toolbars stick.
> > It's temporary but way better than the current situation.
>
> Better? Really?
> This would mean that any new menu item in a kde application will not appear to
> the users anymore.
> I strongly object to this patch.
>
> If we separated menus and toolbars then I would agree - when you customize your
> toolbar you
> wouldn't see new toolbar icons, that's fine. But if you also miss all new menu
> items, that's really bad.

Just thinking about two workarounds:
- not increase the version number if you *only* change a toolbar item
- maybe increase the version with 10 for menu changes and check if the diff in version is 10.

Separation would be best though. Is that simply splitting the rc files or does it involve hacking?

--
Tom Albers