blend function urgently needed in kdelibs

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Tue May 22 05:22:37 BST 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007 22:35:49 David Faure wrote:
<snip>
> But the reason for kdefx to exist is probably disappearing (well it was
> about dlopen/dlclose iirc, needs to be retested one day) as Aaron said, and
> I also agree with him about asking: why "urgently"?

Might not be "the" reason for "urgently", but we have already code for mixing
colors in kdelibs/kfile/kurlbutton_p.h (protected method:
KUrlButton::mixColors(...)) and Dolphin also requires it on other places (e.
g. for having a slightly darker background on the inactive view, for creating
mixed colors in the disk usage progress indication). I thought already about
making a helper class inside Dolphin, but I would be glad if we would have a
central place in kdelibs for such kind of things to prevent code duplication.

Best regards,
Peter