blend function urgently needed in kdelibs

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 22 15:37:29 BST 2007

Peter Penz wrote:
> On Monday 21 May 2007 22:35:49 David Faure wrote:
> <snip>
>> But the reason for kdefx to exist is probably disappearing (well it was
>> about dlopen/dlclose iirc, needs to be retested one day) as Aaron said, and
>> I also agree with him about asking: why "urgently"?
>
> Might not be "the" reason for "urgently", but we have already code for mixing
> colors in kdelibs/kfile/kurlbutton_p.h (protected method:
> KUrlButton::mixColors(...)) and Dolphin also requires it on other places (e.
> g. for having a slightly darker background on the inactive view, for creating
> mixed colors in the disk usage progress indication). I thought already about
> making a helper class inside Dolphin, but I would be glad if we would have a
> central place in kdelibs for such kind of things to prevent code duplication.

Ah, see, /more/ examples! :-)

I'll make a note to look at kurlbutton_p.h, meanwhile if you could give
me specifics on what your requirements are that would be helpful. The
current design should be extensible to practically anything, but the
initial algorithms should of course cover existing needs :-).

Thanks for the pointers!

--
Matthew
"Nobody expects the traditional Bourne shell!"