Sendmail license in kinit

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 10 19:24:29 BST 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Friday, 4. May 2007, Alex Merry wrote:
> > ProFTPD have equivalent code licensed under GPL, so we could use
> > that instead if necessary.
>
> Its also on my todo to research if we can find code under a better
> license. GPL is certainly fine. if you could copy over that code or
> point me to the place so that I can look into integrating that then
> I'd be happy to do it.

The attached patch includes the GPL code from ProFTPd.

Can people please check that it works, particularly on different
platforms to Linux?  I hacked around with the compatibility code a bit
to simplify things and to adapt it from the autoconf system that
ProFTPd uses, but I can't test it on anything other than my Linux
installation.

Windows doesn't use this file, so no need to worry about that.

Also, the ProFTPd license has an exemption for distributing with
OpenSSL.  Obviously, that doesn't apply to kdeinit.  I seem to remember
that such exemptions can be discarded by redistributors, but can
someone confirm this?  If so, I'll get rid of it, because it's
pointless in this context.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org